Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

USAFA

Last post 06-07-2006, 12:29 PM by CAPman21. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-06-2006, 3:24 PM 3391

USAFA

Hello and thanks for your time.

I just finished my sophomore year and I am going into my junior year of high school.  I am wanting some feedback on what people think my chances are of getting into the academy.  I currently have a 3.8 GPA and rank in the top 100 of my 750 class.  I am involved in soccer, track, and cross country.  I am in the german club, national honor society, and beta club at school.  I am also involved in student council.  Outside of school I participate in Civil Air Patrol where i just recently earned my Amelia Earhart Award.  I am also in ROTC where i have earned numerous awards for leadership and academics. I help the highest leadership position a second year cadet could hold.  I am working on my ACT and SAT scores.  I started contacting my senators and congressman at the end of my sophomore year and we keep in contact regularly.  I have numerous leadership posisitions with Civil Air Patrol and school.  I also have contacted the academy and i am on their mailing list.  Next summer i plan on attending the summer seminar and I have already started training for the candidate physical fitness test.  Is there anything i can do better or that i need to work on?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks for your time and take care!

•  06-07-2006, 12:29 PM 3396 in reply to 3391

Re: USAFA

You're looking really good right now, just keep on doing what you are doing.  To improve, try to get at least 150 hrs. of community service and really put your physical fitness scores way up there. Try to get both your pushups and situps per minute into the 70's and get at least 12 pullups.  For the mile run I would recommend getting anywhere under a 6:35 or even lower.  Keep up the good work.  
View as RSS news feed in XML